The Tarnishing of Juxtia, a dark fantasy 2D action role-playing game, will be published by Mastiff in collaboration with Actual Nerds. The Tarnishing of Juxtia, described as a 2D love letter to Dark Souls, casts players as the final creation of a dying God, who must travel across two kingdoms to wreak retribution on those responsible for the mysterious plague known as “The Tarnishing.”
The following is a list of game features taken directly from today’s press release:
- An Extraordinary Adventure Awaits: Explore 15 unique environments, engage in 14 formidable boss battles, and uncover plenty of secrets and sidequests in this sprawling 20+ hour action RPG.
- Risk vs. Reward Combat: A unique Energy Rush system rewards skilled players who manage to land consecutive attacks.
- Terrifying Boss Battles: Face evil head-on as you battle corrupted saints, ancient war machines, destructive gods and more in explosive, multiphase boss fights that will push your skills to the limit.
- Earn Powerful New Abilities: Acquire Relics from fallen bosses that can be powered up to unleash devastating Ultimate offensive and defensive abilities – allowing you to turn the tide of battle in your favor while adding a unique flair to your character build.
- Kingdoms Filled with Weapons & Loot: Uncover a wealth of unique weapons, armor sets, magic abilities, and Relics.
- Develop Unique Character Builds: With access to more than 35 weapons and 18 armor sets, create a character that thrives on your playstyle and visual preferences!
The Tarnishing of Juxtia will be released on PC via Steam. Check out the trailer above for additional details.