EA and Codemasters have released a new update for F1 2021, improving online multiplayer, driver AI, wheel support, and other areas of the game.
– ARTICLE CONTINUES BELOW –
F1 2021 update 1.17 is now ready to download on all platforms including PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, and PC. You’ll need to download and install this latest patch if you plan on racing in online multiplayer. We’d recommend you grab it as it comes packed with fixes and improvements, as outlined in the patch notes further down.
The racing sequel launched in July 2021 to critical acclaim, being the first EA-published modern F1 game since the company acquired Codemasters. We gave it an 8/10 in our F1 2021 review, saying: “F1 2021 is one of the broadest depictions of the sport ever created, building on familiar cars and handling alongside returning multiplayer, esports, and My Team career modes, while the new Braking Point story gives you a taste of the teammate drama you loved to watch (and mock) in Netflix’s Drive to Survive.~
F1 2021 Update 1.17 Patch Notes
- Addressed an issue where if a player joined during the grace period of a qualifying session, they would be unable to start the race.
- Fastest lap point is no longer removed after editing results in Leagues.
- Grid penalties now correctly carry over from sessions in Leagues if they are completed at different times.
- Red Bull White livery added as an option to use on the Player Car.
- Improved AI Behaviour in sessions when they are on in-laps with faster cars approaching.
- Addressed an issue where Victory VO may not play at the end of a race.
- Addressed a calibration issue with the Fanatec CSL DD pedals.
- Addressed an issue where the R&D completed or failed screen would show up blank.
- General stability improvements.
- Various minor fixes.
Looking for your next driving sim or kart racer? Here’s our updated list of the best racing games to play in 2022.
Source: Electronic Arts
– PAGE CONTINUES BELOW –