Despite being a *5 character and Archon Genshin Impact, Raiden Shogun’s build needs to be carefully structured so that its potential can be maximized
Genshin Impact has just introduced the newest *5 character, Raiden Shogun. As the character of Archon Electro, her presence is highly anticipated. Apart from being a charming character design, its strength is also an attraction.
Given her status as an Archon, Raiden Shogun is somewhat stronger than other *5 characters. Even so, of course her abilities wouldn’t be maximized if she wasn’t built properly.
Well, if you’re lucky to get it and are confused about what kind of build is right for you, just take a look at the Raiden Shogun build tips below!
Tips and Build Raiden Shogun Genshin Impact
Build Raiden Shogun: Main DPS, Sub DPS, or Support?
The character whose real name is Beelzebul is more suitable for playing as Sub DPS or Support rather than Main DPS.
Why don’t you play DPS, even though Raiden has Elemental Burst which does a lot of damage? Because, after Elemental Burst was used, she couldn’t inflict the same amount of damage.
Actually she could be playing DPS. However, its effectiveness will not be as good as Sub DPS or Support. Raiden is more suitable as a damage dealer switch, aka removing it briefly for its Elemental Skill or Burst, then immediately exchanged again with Main DPS characters.
As a Sub DPS, make sure you always use Elemental Skill (Transcendence: Baleful Omen) before switching to Main DPS. In addition to having a damage-over-time (DoT) effect, this skill can add a Resolve stack which functions to increase Elemental Burst damage.
For Elemental Burst, try to always activate when the Resolve stack is full to maximize DMG. Apart from Elemental Skills, the stack can be collected through the use of a party character’s Elemental Burst.
Best Weapons and Artifacts
Like other Genshin Impact characters, Raiden Shogun needs the right weapons and artifacts according to the role.
Well, now let’s discuss the best weapons and artifacts for Raiden Shogun Sub DPS or Support.
- Engulfing Lightning (*5): Best-in-slot (BiS) for the Archon with Energy Recharge (ER) substats up to 55.1%. This weapon can also increase ATK% with increasing Energy Recharge.
- Skyward Spine (*5): ER substats make this weapon an alternative to Engulfing Lightning. It also has a large Base ATK along with extra DMG effects.
- The Catch (*4): This new weapon in the v2.1 update is the reason why Raiden Shogun is an F2P-friendly *5 characters. In addition to increasing ER, The Catch also increases Elemental Burst CRIT Rate and DMG.
- Deathmatch (*4): This weapon can be an alternative if you want to consistently generate DMG thanks to the additional CRIT Rate.
- Prototype Starglitter (*4): Let’s say This weapon has become a last resort if you are really “unlucky” because you can’t get the weapons above. You can benefit from its ER substats.
- 4-Set Emblem of Severed Fate (ER%/ATK%/CRIT%): All effects are suitable for Raiden Shogun whose power is scaling with ER. The 4-set effect also makes her Elemental Burst even more painful.
- 2-Set Emblem of Severed Fate + 2-Set Thundering Fury (ER%/ATK%/CRIT%): This set can be used as an alternative if you haven’t gotten a capable 4-Set Emblem of Severed Fate.
- 2-Set Emblem of Severed Fate + 2-Set Noblesse Oblige (ER%/ATK%/CRIT%): You can use This set if Elemental Burst is a priority talent.
As a Sub DPS/Support character with Electro elements, Raiden Shogun can maximize several Elemental Reactions such as Superconduct, Electro-charged, and Overload.
In addition, the Archon’s specialization as a “battery” energy charger makes it suitable to be paired with characters who have a large Energy Cost (80 and above). The following are recommendations for characters that are suitable to be Raiden Shogun’s party partners:
- Eula (Main DPS): She is arguably the character who will benefit the most from the presence of Raiden Shogun. Because, Eula’s specialization as a Physical DMG Dealer can be maximized thanks to Elemental Skill Raiden which produces DoT Electro. In addition, Eula also benefited from a faster energy charge. Alternative: Yoimiya, Childe, Ayaka
- Xingqiu (Sub DPS/Support): Besides being able to increase Elemental Burst DMG, Raiden Shogun also benefits from the Energy Cost of Xingqiu’s large Burst. Elemental Skill Raiden can also produce Electro-charged reactions constantly. Alternative: Bennett, Kazuha, Albedo
- Zhongli (Support): Support that must be present in all kinds of party compositions because it can provide shields and reduce enemy RES. Alternative: Diona, Venti
The advantages of Raiden Shogun
As a *5 character in Genshin Impact, Raiden Shogun will certainly be stronger than *4 characters. Especially with her status as an Archon, making her stronger than some *5 characters in general.
Well, here are the advantages of Raiden Shogun in Genshin Impact:
- Excellent battery aka energy charger
- The potential can be maximized without having to be a Main Character in the party
- ER scaling with ATK (via Passive Talent)
- Synergy with characters who “waste” energy
- DoT in Elemental Skills fast (per 0.9 seconds)
- Massive Elemental Burst DMG with no Vaporize or Melt reactions
- F2P friendly
Lack of Raiden Shogun
Even though she is a *5 and Archon character, that doesn’t mean Raiden looks perfect. She actually has several weaknesses that make her quite balanced. Here are the Raiden Shogun’s weaknesses:
- Elemental Skill DMG is not that big
- Pretty complicated mechanics
- Electro Elements do not have reactions that can increase DMG like Vaporize or Melt.
Those are Raiden Shogun tips, builds, and important information. This *5 character has a unique and quite complicated playstyle. However, everything will feel rewarding if you can build her properly.